FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When might DL engage a digital 'health' passport?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:46 pm
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
When might DL engage a digital 'health' passport?

My point of reference is a FT threat about United, then articles like the following:
Vaccine passports: Everything travelers need to know - The Washington Post
What Travelers Need to Know About Digital Health Passports — TripIt Blog
Will Airlines Require Vaccine Passports in 2021? (healthline.com)

A search on the DL forum only turned up an oblique reference in the Rip Van Winkle thread. I thought there would be a dedicated thread about the status of those double vaccinated and eager to fly again.

I wish DL would engage a digital health app related to the pandemic as it is a headache to try to hold on to the vaccination card and printed proof of a negative COVID test. Is this a wasted hope? I have long depended on all kinds of digital passes in my iW and would have to relearn the value of paper documents.

Having not flown since October 2020, my first flying trip this year was going to be JAX in early March. However, last week when I got the second dose of Pfizer I also got an email saying that FL conference was not even going to be hybrid because our Canadian friends could not attend in-person.

I am sick of Zoom and want to travel so the first booked flight is GVA in June so we'll see if that holds together. Otherwise I may try IST in May or FCO in October when conference details are confirmed. I have a $4.2K e-credit that expires soon so the clock is ticking.