Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When might DL engage a digital 'health' passport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When might DL engage a digital 'health' passport?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
The other challenge I see with this vax/health passport system, is that A) It's not yet known how long immunity lasts. B) not yet known if vaccinated folks can get the virus and be contagious even if not symptomatic. (Early data on this appears to support that it's possible). C) How the different vaxes will hold up against the mutations (known and unknown).

I think it's a good idea, but reliance on it alone isn't really a great Covid19 containment/suppression strategy until some of the above get answered.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:18 pm

Was everyone told to safeguard their CDC vaccination card? This could get ugly.

UK may lift its ban on international flights May 21.

Vaccinated passengers will enjoy travel privileges once international immigration restrictions are lifted.
'Vaccine Passport' policy needs to be coherent and standardized.

UK extends international flight ban through May
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I still have my vaccination card at this point, but it will be difficult to keep long term.
I also took photos and am still looking for any relevant app.
I just got notice of scheduling a GE interview and when I do this at DFW next month I will be curious to see if they have any comment about such things.
p100a likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Take it to Office Depot, get it laminaited and put it with your passport. Not hard at all.
You're missing the point.

The CDC card is a courtesy reminder and is easily duplicated. How can it later be made requisite? No one is told to safeguard it as a hypothetical visa. Some states maintain immunization registries. Others don't.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Over the years, I have had two sets of yellow fever cards required by various countries. However, I have no idea how to find the most recent ones (from 3 years ago). Laminating a vaccination card would not address this concern in a way that an endorsed travel app could do since my iPhone is never out of sight.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The G7 I believe are working on a standard health passport. Nothing DL or any OAL does really matters, this is a government issue. Just like airlines don't set standard for regular passports, they won't here either.
CO-PLAT and Snowcat like this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am sick of Zoom and want to travel
B h

Get ready to keep waiting, potentially a long time, for the freedom of crossing international borders willy nilly like we did in early 2020.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Was everyone told to safeguard their CDC vaccination card? This could get ugly.

UK may lift its ban on international flights May 21.

'Vaccine Passport' policy needs to be coherent and standardized.

UK extends international flight ban through May
We had our CDC vaccination cards laminated after getting the second dose. I keep them with our passports.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm sure it will be easy to photoshop a vaccine card. I had to fill out my name, etc on mine. I'm planning on laminating mine after the second shot but was told they were more of a reminder card than proof you are vaccinated.

My appointment was a mass vaccination site sponsored by the health department so hopefully they are recoing the vaccinations. Also keeping my email with my second appointment date for proof that I at least had the first one. Hopefully the health department sends out some confirm after getting the second.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by RobertS975
We had our CDC vaccination cards laminated after getting the second dose. I keep them with our passports.
Good suggestion,, I'll do the same after I get my second shot in two weeks. I took a photo of my card on my cell phone and will take a photo after my second shot and save it in the cloud as well.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
Over the years, I have had two sets of yellow fever cards required by various countries. However, I have no idea how to find the most recent ones (from 3 years ago). Laminating a vaccination card would not address this concern in a way that an endorsed travel app could do since my iPhone is never out of sight.

LOL Until it's lost or stolen. How have you managed to keep up with your passport and ID?(Or are you the guy I saw at ATL a few years ago trying to convince the TSA to allow pass security with a 'screen shot' of his ID. He did get past security but only after the "full monty" search. He was at the gate cursing the TSA for not trusting him)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.