FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:36 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
That's the plan. The hotel also mentioned that the shuttle can pickup and drop off at the top level so no need for constant funicular rides
The shuttles have always picked up from the top level in my experience and as long as both funiculars are working it's never been a big deal to ride it if you do get dropped off on the bottom level or have an Uber or something pick you up at the bottom. The bad news is they do sometimes break and when one or both are broken, getting in and out of the hotel can turn in to a bit of a mess. I would describe one being broken as a slight inconvenience that you can mostly plan around by avoiding peak times, but even if you get stuck in a line waiting for one, it's typically not that bad. When both are broken (which has only happened one morning in all my visits) it is a disaster. They can shuttle people to and from the top constantly, but you can imagine what it is like keeping an organized line and list of people in this type of environment. There were lots of angry guests and the waits seemed to bring out the worst in everyone. Kids were crying, people were cutting and lying about how long they'd been waiting, and just a lot of unnecessary rudeness all around. It was not a situation I want to find myself in again and thankfully it only happened that one time.

If you're not skiing, midday shuttles should be readily available, I would just plan to leave a little later after the morning ski rush and try to avoid returning around the time the mountain closes. I've been to the hotel pretty much every year since it's been open except last year and always look forward to returning. Upgrades aren't what they once were, but I still love the location and hard product.