FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & Dubai
Thread: BA & Dubai
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:45 am
andys84

Programs: BA
Moving flights in hope for cancellation

I’d be really grateful for any advice here…

I have flights booked for my family of 4, departing 18th Feb and returning 5 days later. These were booked in the BA sale in November

We have given up hope of restrictions easing sufficiently for us to go on holiday, but no sign of BA cancelling the flights (we are booked on the 105 outbound and the 104 inbound – and it seems BA are cancelling the 107 and 106)

Instead of claiming the FTV, I’m considering moving our flights to the 107/106 combo in mid-March, when those flights are currently scheduled to restart again.

Do you guys think there is a strong chance BA will extend the strategy of cancelling those flights, and therefore putting me in the position of being able to claim a full refund?

Or, worst case, if I move them to March and BA don’t cancel, am I correct in assuming I’d be in exactly the same position as I am now – in that I’d be able to claim a FTV anyway?

Based on your advice, I may call up BA ASAP, to get in on those March 107/106 flights before BA cancel them.

Final thought – would you guys agree that BA are unlikely now to cancel our February 105/104 flights, as passenger loads continue to be high despite restrictions?

Thanks