FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:30 pm
iFlyMoreThanYou
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by dajay
Will someone please help me understand the Emirates waitlist policy?

I have a confirmed first-class booking using Skyward miles for the end of March, however, I need to change my travel dates to 1 week earlier. Emirates currently has 6 out of 8 FC seats available on my desired new flight, however, they have (so far) made none of those seats available for award travel. They did just waitlist me for the flight I want and told me I am the one and only name on the list.

Does anyone know how this works? Will Emirates likely allow me to travel on the new flight I want and notify me in time to change hotel bookings, etc? Or, should I expect not to find out anything until the last minute and be left scrambling to change my hotels as well as a new date for my return flight? Although the Emirates rep said I could be notified at any time, I’m just not sure what to expect or if changing everything by 1 week will work out realistically.

Thanks in advance for your help!
youll get to know as soon as it clears, which could be any time. I've had mine clear at check in close; I have had mine clear weeks out when the forecast changed.