FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any rental car price comparison website to receive alerts when price decrease at x?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:18 am
Casium

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
OK, we won't tell you AutoSlash.

Seriously though, we have been doing this for 10+ years now, and if there is such a service, we've never heard about it. Pricing can vary based on pickup/return times, dates, vehicle type, location (airport vs. off-airport), etc. which makes it extremely resource-intensive to build such a service.

What you are basically looking for is a flexible date search for car rentals along the lines of what is for flights but with the added convenience of alerting as well. No tool like that exists as far as we know. You could simulate something like this by creating a bunch of search links on a page like this:

etc.

Then you could just click on the links each day and check the pricing. It's possible also to filter down to specific companies and vehicle types if you wanted or even include off-airport and airport with the right parameters.

The main problem with something like this is that the rates returned are basically undiscounted. If you wanted to run discounted rates as well, you'd need to multiply each one of those searches by 100 or so and that would assume you knew all the available discount codes and/or coupons to search ahead of time. Seems like a simple request, but in practice, quite challenging.
interesting.

I just want to introduce a destination and want alerts when the cheapest car reach X amount per day based on 1-4 week rental (specified by user).

doesn't matter the vehicle type, on-off airport, discount/coupon etc.

About your website, can do that if I introduce the dates? From my experience didn't seem to be able to do that.

also the website looks like from prehistoric era.