FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Program Details for M&B
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:47 pm
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lamphs
Hello, two questions about this program as I may try for Gold during 2021. And I understand the basics of the program.

-Do OA (Olympic) flights count fully towards the A3 program?

-I do not have a grasp of codeshares (and maybe I am not using the correct terminology). If I book A3 metal flights through UA (United), how are program earnings reflected? I ask because UA is advertising free cancellation (with some conditions). It may be a false belief, but if I cancel through UA, I have a better chance of either getting a refund, or in some cases a credit for UA; whereas I may not receive a prompt refund from A3 (and likely would not be able to use an A3 credit in a timely manner).

Thank you!

Steve
Olympic flights do count as qualifying flights for the Miles&Bonus programme.

Regarding codeshares, with Star Alliance it's the operating airline that counts, not the airline that markets the flight. So if you book an Aegean flight with a UA flight code, you'll earn as per Aegean's earning chart. Be careful though, codeshare flights often map fare codes differently (for example if you book a UA coded Aegean flight in K class, that might actually earn as a different class when credited).