FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico - How do I get them to refund ticket for cancelled flight
Old Jan 19, 2021, 4:47 pm
Crastonts

Originally Posted by HanDaniel
Thank you! Is this the address that they are registered in the UK? Unfortunately, we have tried the path of charge back, the Halifax was not very helpful, even though tickets were bought using a credit card.
Correct, you can sue them using that address. That said, as other people point out, an interesting battle might ensue if Aeromexico's lawyers try to argue that the US Court has in rem universal jurisdiction, and if you lose you'd need to be prepared to go all the way to the High Court or the Appeals Court (i.e. be prepared to appeal if you lose at the Small Claims Court).

Therefore, I think you should issue Halifax with a statutory demand for a reimbursement under Section 75 of the Credit Card Act, and not a chargeback (be sure to explicitly utter the words "Section 75"). If they ignore you, ask for a letter of deadlock and present a formal complaint at the Financial Ombudsman against Halifax. As tedious as it sounds, it might be easier than going the legal route.