FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What can be done for a party?
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:32 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
What can be done for a party?

My first stay of this year -- 13 nights at a HWS in the Eastern half of the country -- was uneventful until the last night (and of course an early flight home). TLDR - raucous party in room next door for 6+ hours, no help from hotel; curious what else I could have done (950 lifetime Hilton nights and never had an experience so noisy):

Starting around 8:30 pm I (sitting on the couch on the far side of the "living room" could hear music from the adjoining room through the opposite bedroom wall) loudly enough to understand lyrics accompanied with enough banging to make me think a construction crew was remodeling the room. After about 10 minutes of that dialed 0, front desk answered, said they'd make contact with the room.

Things seemed to get a little bit quieter but still obnoxiously loud and after the 5th drunken course, including at least 6 distinct voices, of "Happy Birthday" about 10:15 tried calling the front desk a handful of times -- each time getting a busy signal -- so I got myself dressed again, walked to the front desk, complained again. Again told it would be dealt with.

Back to the room. Waiting and after no appreciable changes in music and a slight increase in yelling (The only thing convincing me I wasn't hearing a DV incident was the number of voices and "Happy Birthdays") at just before 11pm I tried 0 again...busy again...and walked back down to the front desk. Once again told it would be dealt with and he'd "contact the authorities"

Back to the room again and at this point popping the emergency Unisom from my bag I drift off to sleep only to be awoken at 2:15 by what sounds like furniture being thrown at the wall behind my head. Force myself back to sleep, back up at 2:45 with more obnoxious noise.

Checked out Saturday morning, asked to speak with the MOD. There was no manager on site or available via phone. The Front desk agent said she did see it in the log, apologized, gave me the operations manager's card and told me that she'd be reaching out on Monday. Sent her an email between flights on Saturday. Got a read receipt for the email but no reply or phone call today.

I don't really want/need anything from the property at this point but curious if anyone has any advice should I run into this in the future to get some peace? At one point I considered suggesting that the FD cut a key for an extra room somewhere else on property but thought that might be overstepping bounds (especially since I didn't really feel like moving my belongings)