Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What can be done for a party?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Alternatively, if I must change rooms due to the fault of the hotel (and failure to deal effectively with guests who cause a disturbance is the fault of the hotel), I expect to get a better room (noticeable upgrade) or some customer service gesture as compensation for the inconvenience.
That has been my case most times.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Heh, While it may be my primary/native spoken language...English is not the language I spend most of my days typing
Maybe next time bring your nut and bolt from Upper Michigan with you!

David
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
I can also tell you as someone who in 20+ years in the industry has called the cops several times on rooms, police are very, very apprehensive to get involved in noise issues. They usually see that as a problem to be worked out between the guest and the hotel unless things get extreme with property damage, public drunkenness or drugs.
I was wondering if the police would respond if called by a guest, and it seems most likely not.

This is a good lesson for me - if I have a noisy neighbor in the future, I will request a separate sleeping room for the night.

David
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I was wondering if the police would respond if called by a guest, and it seems most likely not.

This is a good lesson for me - if I have a noisy neighbor in the future, I will request a separate sleeping room for the night.

David
They will respond but it's very low priority on their radar unless there is some other type of qualifier as I mentioned like drugs, property destruction, etc. If a guest calls, one of the dispatchers or one of the cops usually will call the hotel before they come to find out if this is worth there time or not which is why sometimes they won't show up or even if they do, expect a good 20-30 minute wait.

Another reason why it's a good idea to ask for the 2nd room to sleep in or to move is that on the off chance that the situation turns into something where an eviction might occur, as I mentioned the police are very hesitant to get involved with that and will usually give the offending party every chance to work something out with the hotel/try to convince the desk clerk not to press things further since the cops will not evict guests without a direct order from the hotel (usually from a manager at the least-but ideally the GM) and depending on the time of day that means calling/waking up the GM at XYZ time of night to ask if this is ok. All of this takes a lot of time and in the meantime, you're still awake.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Jan 21, 2021 at 7:17 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Just as a "close the loop" on this -- albeit late -- after hearing nothing from the property for 2 weeks [FD promised they'd credit points + a call from the manager; I sent an email to the ops manager; no follow-up/follow-through on any of those unless you count the read receipt from the ops manager email] and something reminding me of this I (finally) forwarded the original email with a quick recap to the diamond desk.

Less than 20 minutes later got an email apologizing on behalf of the property and promising 30k points as a further apology "to be credited within 48 hours" -- they've already posted to my account under the heading of "Service Recovery Bonus - Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond - Airport".

I hate having to complain to corporate about a property, but the lack of follow-through on promises was almost more offensive than the original failure. I'm happy with the ultimate resolution; obviously I'm taking this property back off my Richmond list again for at least a couple more years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.