FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:50 am
SinkOrSwim

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
I'm in the room now, and it's nice enough, but I can't say it has the wow factor of other suites I've stayed in. The pics on the website are pretty much it, so I can't work out how it has so many more metres squared than the other room types. Anyway, it's nice and I can' t complain as this was quite a generous upgrade for a points stay. The views are amazing.

I was told that the Exec Lounge was closed because of Covid, but that I can use Nahaam (the main restaurant) to receive complimentary bar snacks and happy hour. I haven't taken them up on this as I am going out shortly. (I should update my profile - I am actually HH Diamond by the way).

Annoyingly, they don't have valet parking at the moment because of Covid, which is quite weird because all the other hotels in AD have their valet parking open now. Maybe it's a Hilton directive? It added a good 20 minutes onto my check in though, as the car park was a bit of a trek from the main entrance - I had to go back out and down numerous ramps and then spend approx 10 mins driving through a huge basement parking/speed hump complex to get to the Conrad parking area. A minor irritation, but quite a surprising one given other hotels' policies.

There was a complimentary (I think?!) bottle of red wine in the room, along with a fruit basket and some chocolates.

Last edited by SinkOrSwim; Jan 14, 2021 at 7:51 am Reason: Forgot a detail