FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite plus vouchers & COVID-19 flight changes
Old Jan 13, 2021, 8:29 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
TK have messed up with Elite Plus vouchers of some members and it could be useful to ask them the expiry dates of your vouchers.

I'll share with you the reply I received after I asked why they cancelled my 2019/20 vouchers after 12months (in september 2020), after promising by email, Twitter and website, to extend them by six months:
Based on your request, we have checked your membership account and detected that your first term 2 voucher rights were expired in September 2020.

We would like inform , in order to avoid loss of any right, the status periods of our passengers whose membership status is Classic Plus, Elite, or Elite Plus, which had been extended for 6 months previously, is going to be extended one more time for an additional period of 12 months and since only the 2nd term upgrade vouchers are extended during this process, it's usual for your first term vouchers to be expired.
I wasn't aware that "first-term" and "second-term" vouchers were an issue, or that they were treated differently.
And I'm no closer to understanding why they didn't stick to what they said they'd do.

They go on to say:
Therefore, your Elite Plus membership status extended until February 2023 and you have 2 vouchers which can be used until February 2023.
I'm a tad concerned this means I have only two vouchers for the next 2 years. But I'm not sure if i have the courage to enquire further

The convoluted reasoning in the echelons THY is well known. I'm reasonably certain they think the tweaks they have introduced have been to the advantage of their frequent flyers, to leave them untouched in terms of the impacts of Covid. In fact they are badly designed tweaks implemented so carelessly they are having a negative impact!