FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & Dubai
Thread: BA & Dubai
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:46 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flieduk
What is not clear - and the legislation has not been published anywhere I can see yet so I am working off a Scottish Government Press Release is whether the exclusion of Dubai from the Scottish Travel Corridor List will be the whole emirate of Dubai or just Dubai Municipality/city.

The sceptical side of me suspects that the Scottish Government will have omitted from their consideration this matter and just state "Dubai" which is not helpful.
Published here https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2021/6/contents/made

Although it is only Dubai as noted, it will still be an issue if you stayed somewhere else in the UAE and flew back from DXB.

Also to note, the bit about self isolating if you have arrived prior to 0400 tomorrow is just a request, and not legally mandated. Generally the changes in removing countries from the exemption list for all four UK nations has not been retrospective - if you are already in the UK you don’t have to self isolate, it only applies to arrivals after the change takes effect. This is the same here, so the bit about self isolating for anyone who arrived between 3 January and tomorrow is a request only. I think when Denmark was quickly removed due to #minkgate that may have been an exception and did have retrospective effect.