FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any word on restarting Bahamas flights
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:16 pm
CG

Originally Posted by Often1
WN's Board of Directors has no idea. All depends on the Covid-19 situation here and there. At that point will depend on time of year and whether the market is back.

Even if & when it makes its way back onto the schedule, I would still not do any planning more than 30 days out. Certainly not pay for nonrefundable hotels.
I have a home there, so am only concerned about the transportation piece. WN restarted flights quickly earlier in the summer when travel was allowed again to the Bahamas for the first time, and as mentioned all the other major airlines resumed flights some time ago. So it's not clear why WN is holding back this time. BTW, the Board of Directors of an airline typically doesn't get involved in route start and stop decisions, so while they probably indeed have no idea one wouldn't expect them to in any event. I was hoping that perhaps someone who either works at WN or knows someone who does would be aware of any internal chatter on the matter, which is generally far more useful than even a direct line to a board member would be with these kind of questions and in fact often shows up here before it shows up in the news. That's why I asked, based on 15 years of experience here getting decent answers to these kinds of questions.

BTW, to a couple of posters, the equivalent of "don't bother asking" is a decidedly unhelpful and pointless response. Perhaps "don't bother answering if you don't have a clue as the the answer and are just telling the OP not to bother asking" would be a helpful heuristic to keep in mind?