FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:17 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jsloan
I agree; this is exactly what they published in August, what all concurrent press accounts said at the time... and what nobody bothered to communicate to the front-line agents.

That said, for any reservation with free changes, they really ought to allow free redeposits as well. Their current scheme simply amounts to a tax on people who don't realize that they can first change to a later date and then do a free redeposit. (Applies for all purchases under the current waiver, plus all US departures purchased after April 1).
Well, so I did just that (changing the date to a later date before March 31), but the website still wants to charge me for redeposit miles.

Using the Apple iMessage function right now. Initially the agent wanted to charge me $125, probably did not realize I had status. I pointed out the waiver, and she is now "working on it". Took 30 minutes but it was done.