FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:38 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I think the direction of this thread seemingly has more to do with destination that Aman specifically. Visiting Angkor with spare crowds a-la 1992 would be great at any nice hotel. Of course staying at Amansara may make that better (have not been myself), but it is the destination that is overrun. Other than New Years at Amanwella two years ago, I have never felt that I suffered because of the crowds at Aman specifically. In fact, a decent share of the reason we stay at Amans is because we know it will be quite calm at the resort relative to other offerings (think Amandari vs FS Sayan).

So while Angkor and Venice would both be high on my list if I could personnaly visit now, it would be to see those destinations without tourists moreso than the specific hotel.

I will also say, that having just come from Marrakech / Amanjena, I somewhat missed the crowds. Amanjena was lovely (at 70% capacity), but the Medina was not the same
Not any nice hotel for us , but an AMAN or AZ connected , or some place like Lupaia ( closed for the season like some others - Zoe , .. )
Then Astrid is no more at AMAN , let alone Jena !

Would even be in Bali now though not our preferred season - Kila & the Villas at Nusa Dua .. but for & since borders still closed , also to Philippines , Vietnam .. & to return to 2 weeks quarantine at goodness knows which government designated hotel . Not our cup of tea especially on return if not to at least a SLA ( Shangri La ) for instance .

Even joining ex FTer bhrubin at Giri is not possible , with situation in California , though enticing !!

Flights , lack thereof , are an issue too . But see lots of private jets , one just flew by . Maybe penalised for wrongful entry though unless one figures out an essential service or “ diplomatic “ 😉 trip !!

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 7, 2021 at 6:48 pm