FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:52 am
Dselvan

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's frustrating! I'm guessing that my on-screen reservation detail are by now loaded with unhelpful comments from my previous sessions. I tempted to give in, get my cash back an rebook with another carrier: but I'll first re-gird my loins and pursue the case with Chris63's suggestion of the F-line.

I've had tons of changes to make in the last 12 months, mostly with BA and Lufthansa, but also with Turkish. My observations are anecdotal, statistically irrelevant, but I'll offer them:

TK interactions can be testing with dodgy communication issues, but they proactively offered to switch a cancelled Egypt flight to anywhere in the middle-east for any date until December 2021: top marks.

Lufthansa improved significantly after my initial March cancellations took 4 months to yield refunds - one of them only under cash-back enforcement. The nonsense they kept trying about a £44 bonus if I accepted a voucher for a £1000++ ticket began to grate.

BA has, surprisingly, outperformed Lufthansa in the clarity, scope and implementation of its Covid response policy. I have been struck by how much more willing BA agents have been to help, dig deeper, make an effort, although I've had a couple experiences with BA's Indian and UK call centres where it was clear that agents had simply not got the message.

Thanks a lot Chris63: inexplicably I missed your earlier post
Hope you get it sorted. Very annoying and this is not just for LH. I had a massive issue with my BA cancellation in September 2020 and I wanted to move it to this year but it was beyond the 12 month ticket validity and so BA refused. So I took my refund and booked it with another airline. Their loss and being a BA Gold member meant nothing to them.
Even though it has been a pain in the back a little bit, the LH rebooking was easier for me (first time booking and flying on LH) than on BA. Just another anecdote