FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA & Dubai
Thread: BA & Dubai
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:32 pm
londonba2014

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SingaporeDubai
If you’re travelling for work you’re not breaking the law.

Believe it or not, walking past people in an airport is not a good way of passing on the virus.

If you want to pass the virus quickly and efficiently, stand face to face with people on a construction site all day long, take people to view houses and converse with them face to face, or better yet have people from anywhere any everywhere going into an environment which is colder than most places due to the fridges, and touching various surfaces oh and don’t forget all the droplets being exchanged when you say thank you to the cashier - guess where? The supermarket. Or the best one yet, a place where the ill go to collect their medication, the pharmacy. All of which are also legally open...

But wait, sitting in your own seat on a plane must be so bad...

If you honestly still believe the above situations are safer than travelling then I guess I can’t change your mind.

If you do indeed realise that sitting on your own seat in the plane, not unnecessarily conversing with strangers and spreading droplets, and not unnecessarily touching surfaces is much safer than visiting a pharmacy where 1000s of infected people must have come to pick up medication, but still want to criticise travel, well I do have to say it again, clearly it’s more of a problem that is within.
I’m not getting into an argument on this - supermarkets and pharmacies are open for obvious reasons and afaik folk don’t spend 8 hours at a time in them - appreciate a VERY SMALL number of folk need to travel for business at the mo; but in most cases Zoom will do the trick..