FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA crew (including Captain) not enforcing face mask rules
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:26 am
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
I do find the ‘exempt’ conservation an interesting juxtaposition.

Did one become exempt because in the last global pandemic wearing a mask caused them a problem?!

Oh wait we haven’t had a global pandemic on any such scale since the Spanish flu and most were not even a twinkle in someone’s eye. Ok, ok! I’m being facetious!

Now I fully understand some are genuinely exempt but I do think that the genuine amongst us are sadly discredited by a lot of people who abuse the legitimacy of such situations. Why? I do not know. Misinformation? Selfishness? Lack of respect? It’s a human behaviour conundrum.

Here in the U.K. another such issue is abused by people, blue badges for parking. Blue badges are for disabled people who genuinely need to park closer to or have some space to operate themselves. But people sadly abuse these badges and avoid having to adhere to the conformities that the majority endure. Not paying for parking I assume is the main scam there! It’s selfish and sad for the people who genuinely need to park in a disabled spot.

I’d like to understand the benefit of not wearing a mask whilst most others are? Does one feel better about ones self? More important? I refer to the non-genuine types!

I’m going off topic slightly but mask wearing for this very brief period in our lifetime should be treated seriously and with the greatest respect to our society as a whole. If you pop in to a supermarket for 10 mins, wear a mask, think of the staff who have to wear them for 40 hours a week! Same with crew. The least you can do is a few minutes or hours. Rant over.

Anyhow back on topic and as a data point crews on my only return flight so far since Covid hit, were excellent at communicating and enforcing said masks amongst their usual duties, even waking a passenger up to tell them to don their mask correctly.