FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:45 pm
plae

I have now twice tried to change a economy ticket for another date.

First try: I had the ticket and tried to change it to another date. The lady on the phone told me that I had to pay the extra fare. She was very confident and told me that here instructions changed for bookings made starting January. For december and older it more flexible she told me. And the same booking class was available.I made her cancel the trip and kept the 'ticket' available for 24 months.

Second try: through chat. I tried to make a new booking with my open ticket for a date which had again the same booking class saver. But a higher fare. Againt they wanted to let me pay the extra amount. I repeated what the ticket page said. And after a while she came back to me that she checked on her team and that she was right. But suddenly she said to me that she could give me the same fare. So I only paid taxes. Later on she told me that at first she was not able to find the saver fare that I had used on the original flight.

So I'm very interested in all the stories to come in this thread .

Edit: did another ticket for a friend. She also came up with different fare (automatic), when she did the search manually she could also find a saver ticket and only charged the taxes.

Last edited by plae; Jan 4, 2021 at 4:45 pm Reason: Made the story complete