FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:17 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by stewlevine
Trying to talk the wife into summer family travel from DFW to ZRH or VIE via DOH (the added time vs. transiting via PHL or LHR and using my miles is a barrier/paying is an extortionist rate even in coach), QR far and away the cheapest way to go economy without booking via a sketchy booking site, with the added bonus for me of flying an AA partner.
A few questions for a newbie to QR:
1. As a OneWorld Sapphire (soon to be Emerald once American moves the Platinum Pro band up) - would I be able to select seats on a Classic fare, or does QR only allow that for its elites?
2. I see the DOH stopovers advertised on the QR homepage from March 1 but can’t get them to come up on any itineraries I select (looking at July travel, hoping the world will be in a state where travel is feasible again by then). Do I need to select a specific fare class for that to be an option?
1. Yes, oneworld partner elites could choose seats for free. ( including bulkhead and emergency exit row seats )
2. No, you need to book it as a multi-city; it would not show up automatically. After you have booked your ticket, you should normally be able to book your stopover program on discoverqatar.qa/stopover however you can't book anything at the moment due to the uncertainty of when Qatar would open their borders for visitors.