FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:39 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well that explains why I don’t think Veuve NV is all that (particularly at the price; I’d rather have a <$40 Piper, PJ, or Mumm’s), although I’ve had the VC vintage Rose and it was very good. Have never had Ruinart and unfortunately no d’Yquem either!
Went to the Veuve house in Reims last year and our guide had nothing good to say about their NV ("one must drink vintage champagne with good friends, toujours!" and the like). I think it's a good product (Mumm? Ick!) but you know what they say about taste... in any event, if you get the chance to try La Grande Dame (either the brut or the rose), it's really nice. Also the 1990 Veuve Rose is amazing (they have a delayed release of it, "cave privee," so you can buy a bottle that was corked in the past few years, etc., and still has its bubbles). Have only had d'Yquem on QR!