FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Travel Experiences in EU - post January 1st
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:53 am
krispy84

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Geordie405
So to try and bring things back on topic and away from which tests to use, presumably from 1st January we can no longer use the EU Citizens passport lines when travelling abroad, or can we? What about EU visitors to the UK? Can they continue to use the E-Gates or not? Obviously use of the E-Gates is available to other nationalities now too, so my wife (US citizen) can use them when we arrive from the USA. Having seen the queues at immigration at BRU for those passengers without EU passports I'd hate to be in that boat now.
We can’t automatically use the EU line from 01 Jan but individual countries / airports may allow other citizens to use those lines, as they can at LHR. I’m trying to think where I have seen it, and it’s definitely somewhere I’ve been this year, but I saw a UK flag next to an EU flag, AUS, JPN flag - indicating that we could use the lines post this year?

EDIT: I’ve said above that UK citizens can’t automatically use EU lines, I haven’t read the exit agreement so may be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by krispy84; Dec 30, 2020 at 11:11 am