FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Best Room Available incl. Standard Suites]
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:59 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
The HR Houston has closed off its top floors, taking both their suites and the "deluxe" rooms out of inventory. I'm guessing it's not the only property doing so ...
From personal expedite the HR Downtown Houston is almost exclusively a convention/business person property. It’s not for traveling families, or people who’d want the extra space. Not to mention it’s in the middle of a COVID hotspot.

Just by briefly checking I found Standard Suite availability at 3 other Houston Full Service properties (Hyatt Regency and Centric Brands).

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Few pay. Certain people demanding upgrades doesn’t make them a nickel. Housekeeping, maintenance, and utilities costs associated with double and triple sized rooms add up. Closing them off makes sense.
The few that do pay certainly offset the others as Standard Suites are typically 2-3x (sometimes more) the base room cost. And if they didn’t then their Penthouse and Presidential Suites most certainly do. I recall someone posting on here they spent $50,000 a night to stay in a Presidential Suite in Asia, their work of course footed the Bill to meet clients. But the point is the cost of those ultra premium suites significantly outweighs and Globalist Upgrades.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Many hotels have closed floors due to low demand and are not making suites available for booking. That's just a fact.
Nowhere I’ve checked for wanting to stay has axed all suites. Everywhere I’ve stayed during the pandemic which there’s more than a dozen has had suites available.

I’m not saying that they haven’t downsized and shut floors down, but the vast majority of properties have suites available. If they didn’t they’d be a very unattractive property with most amenities shut down and breakfast options very small what can they do to lure in Hyatt’s most loyal guests? Suite Upgrades.

So keeping them open, while not ideal, is actually a smart business decision.