FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team
Old Dec 24, 2020, 10:06 pm
Jagboi

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Congratulations and well deserved. I had the honour of meeting KARFA at one of the simulator sessions, and I am forever grateful that he was able to organize those events and I decided to spend the money to cross the Atlantic to attend. I think it would be like not flying Concorde - one of those bucket list things that all of a sudden cannot be done any more.

I gained a very valuable skill from the simulator sessions, but not what you might think. I'm incredibly squeamish about anything medical, and needles and getting jabs or a blood test in particular. I usually manage to pass out when I need one. Now however, I can transport myself in my mind to short finals and I start running through the landing checklist, then the gear goes down, speedbrakes armed, there's the 100 feet announcment, start the flare, drift down to 10 feet, kiss the runway with the main landing gear, push control column forward and the nosewheel is just about to touch -Oh! You're finished now nurse? Well, getting that needle wasn't so bad was it?