FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My flight at 1220 am tonight is full - switch and benefit?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:07 pm
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by cmd320
Flight is definitely full, here's the inventory data from EF: C0 J0 R0 D0 I0 U0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0G0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 E0 T0

The only seat currently unassigned in the J cabin is 1H, though with the inventory being zeroed out, it will still almost definitely go out occupied. I would completely forget about being upgraded on this flight at this point. As for seeing if they'll bump you to tomorrow (Monday's) flight, it's worth a try, but even that is only showing J5 at this point so you may or may not have success with that. On the other hand, that Monday flight looks very open right now in the W cabin which you can select as an elite, that's certainly better than regular Y, though it's not lie-flat.
Thanks CMD, what is EF? J5 meaning there are 5 empty seats in first? Man I feel stupid trying to interpret these abbreviations, W cabin is main cabin extra? I am currently in there already, for this existing flight. Do they ever confirm volunteers hours before the flight? Much preferred than to having to drive there to find out first.