FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how to avoid mandatory quarantine coming from the US?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:24 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by skyscanner
I have the US passport as well, so there is no risk of getting denied entry in the US, unless all flights are cancelled.

COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Turkey

Here they say that you are allowed to enter Turkey as a US citizen, no COVID test is required and since you are a foreign tourist, no curfew applies to you.

Right, so the conclusion is that I can do these TP runs as long as I do not get landside in the UK.
Going landside in the UK isn't even an issue as you are allowed to leave the UK during the mandatory quarantine period after arriving internationally.

However, do bear in mind things are changing rather quickly and extra restrictions could be placed any time (e.g. by Turkey), flights could be cancelled at a short notice, and airports could even be closed and trapping you. Another potential issue is travel insurance which is becoming harder to obtain, so you are probably well advised to have a substantial fund in place to cover potential expenses, including medical ones, if you need to travel without insurance.