FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:13 am
gateH15

Originally Posted by iahphx
I have the bad luck to be booked on AA this Wednesday into PHL when, it would appear, the worst winter storm in a couple of years may hit the city. Due to the Covid flight reductions, I don't have a lot of alternatives to get there on Tuesday -- like one flight. Any idea when AA might issue a travel waiver? When nor'easters are forecast, my recollection is the airlines usually post travel waivers like 2 days beforehand, so that would be tomorrow (Monday). Does that sound about right? Fortunately, I'm assuming Tuesday will be a light travel day so there should be some seats available but, on the other hand, there aren't many flights either -- especially into PHL, where AA has really pulled down midweek flying during the pandemic.
try to rebook yourself on AA.com or aa app. If the flight price is the same or less - it will be free for you. Or you can call reservations and see if they can accommodate you before official travel waiver is issued. I’m pretty sure they are more flexible right now due to covid