FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you think I did anything wrong with this or was unprofessional?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:43 am
Hedgehog7

Do you think I did anything wrong with this or was unprofessional?

Long story short, I work as cabin crew for a major UK long haul airline.

Last week I had a 7 hour flight (which I was working on) and a 2 day layover and then another flight back (which I was working on). With our airline we as staff get 7 free flights a year to use on ourselves. I decided to use 2 of them to bring my son on these flights with me last week as we was going to a destination he really wanted to go to. I got this approved by my managers first who said it's fine as other crew do this regularly sometimes. So I did it and had fun with my son at the destination during the 2 day layover. My son being with me on the flight did NOT interfere with me or any of the other cabin crew doing our jobs like we normally do. My son stayed in his seat for most of the flight.

Lot's (between 5-10) of other passengers commented during the flight saying they thought what I had done was "disgraceful and deeply unprofessional".

Honest answers please, do you personally think I've done anything wrong in this?