FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:11 pm
BlueZebra

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Took my test Friday morning and flew out yesterday. Everything was fine when we landed yesterday afternoon. United announced the procedure including disembarking by row numbers and said we'd get screened including having our temperature taken -- maybe they had IR cameras on us as we came up the isolated gangway but there was no visible temperature screening, just a document check scanning my QR code and checking my ID card then comparing to their printout. Interestingly, she didn't like my retired military ID card and asked for something else -- no issues at all with my drivers license.

I am still doing a preventative 3 day quarantine in my mother's ohana unit (to her chagrin). Maybe it's overkill but she just turned 80 this past summer and I don't want to take any chances, particularly since I had no idea what was gong on with the other people at DEN or on the plane. Will be here for six weeks anyway, partially working remotely, partially burning off use-or-lose leave, so losing 3 days is no big deal. 2 weeks would have made me unhappy but more due to cabin fever than anything else.
The IR cameras were at the top of the jetway...just after you enter the actual terminal. In our case, there were also soldiers holding devices as well.