FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways (QR) Partners With AS and Adds SEA-DOH
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:00 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jiburi
I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. With expected entry into Oneworld alliance, it was smart for Qatar to becoming partner ahead of official entry day, but with their announcement of Seattle to Doha route, that might place a wrinkle on Emirate partnership and Seattle to Dubai flights, and American's flight to Bangalore India...... Hmm Will all three flight survive?

Jiburi
Given that AA was hoping for corporate traffic from the Bay Area and UA and AI have nonstops from SFO planned now, I'm going to go with:

I think AA's SEA-BLR nonstop will be dead within 12 months, if not sooner. UA's SFO-BLR is likely the one that lives on of those three.

I think the AA pseudo-hub is crazypants in a post-COVID environment, but AS is going to get into OW anyways, AS will still be a viable hub between some combo of QR/JL/BA/whatever AA service is left (maybe LHR and they take a BA frequency, maybe they take over a TYO frequency for JL- they can do this because AA/BA/JL have joint partnerships- but if AA can't make XXX-JFK or LAX work it's hard for me to see XXX-SEA working).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 8, 2020 at 2:06 pm