Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways (QR) Partners With AS and Adds SEA-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

Earning on Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways is now listed as an AS Partner. Earning on QR comes into effect 12/15/2020.

J,C,D,I,R Business class fares all earn 125% EQM & a 100% RDM Bonus.

Award travel will be available from 3/31/2021

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Dec 8, 2020 at 7:39 am
Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:10 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Qatar Airways to Partner with Alaska Airlines, Add Seattle Route
Old Dec 8, 2020, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...doha-in-march/
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:01 am

Awesome news! Expected One World ties, but the announcement of SEA-DOH is fantastic.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:02 am

This is great news since with AA you can't transit through DOH on the way to Asia
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Earning on Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways is now listed as an AS Partner. Earning on QR comes into effect 12/15/2020.

J,C,D,I,R Business class fares all earn 125% EQM & a 100% RDM Bonus.

Award travel will be available from 3/31/2021

James
Where is NWplatinum , thought they'd be the first one celebrating here.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
Where is NWplatinum , thought they'd be the first one celebrating here.
I am celebrating too. I hope that redemptions are commensurate with AA. 75K for Q-Suites to South Africa is a good value. A SEA departure is the cherry on the whip cream on the banana split as it is my one-hop international gateway to the US AS Network.

James
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:40 am

Very exciting and just in time for me to credit my QR flights in Dec
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. With expected entry into Oneworld alliance, it was smart for Qatar to becoming partner ahead of official entry day, but with their announcement of Seattle to Doha route, that might place a wrinkle on Emirate partnership and Seattle to Dubai flights, and American's flight to Bangalore India...... Hmm Will all three flight survive?

Jiburi
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:30 pm

Just took QSuites today (had to credit to BA a shame that the earning didn't start a week sooner). By far the best business class experience. The only better experiences were the Emirates and Etihad first-class suites, but again, those were first class which is 2-3x the cost of the QSuites business class.

This will be an excellent addition and will hopefully bring Emirates fares down also.

For Seattle-based techies who regularly go to India or Pakistan the post-covid choices will be great for Alaska earnings with several one-stop options via Qatar/Emirates/BA etc.

Hmm Will all three flight survive?
Pre-covid Emirates had added extra double-daily flights to Seattle - the demand is clearly there due to the huge number of tech folks from India/Pakistan based all around Seattle.
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiburi
I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. With expected entry into Oneworld alliance, it was smart for Qatar to becoming partner ahead of official entry day, but with their announcement of Seattle to Doha route, that might place a wrinkle on Emirate partnership and Seattle to Dubai flights, and American's flight to Bangalore India...... Hmm Will all three flight survive?i
No different to the EK existing ff partners with the 4 OW airlines (JL, MH, QF S7) where QR compete head to head. Both DOH & DXB are(were) major transit airports. No need to over think this.

American Airlines (AA) has deferred the launch of its Seattle Bengalore direct to winter of 2021. May never happen. Will take years for long haul travel to return to 2019 levels
Great Circle Mapper
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jiburi
I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. With expected entry into Oneworld alliance, it was smart for Qatar to becoming partner ahead of official entry day, but with their announcement of Seattle to Doha route, that might place a wrinkle on Emirate partnership and Seattle to Dubai flights, and American's flight to Bangalore India...... Hmm Will all three flight survive?

Jiburi
Given that AA was hoping for corporate traffic from the Bay Area and UA and AI have nonstops from SFO planned now, I'm going to go with:

I think AA's SEA-BLR nonstop will be dead within 12 months, if not sooner. UA's SFO-BLR is likely the one that lives on of those three.

I think the AA pseudo-hub is crazypants in a post-COVID environment, but AS is going to get into OW anyways, AS will still be a viable hub between some combo of QR/JL/BA/whatever AA service is left (maybe LHR and they take a BA frequency, maybe they take over a TYO frequency for JL- they can do this because AA/BA/JL have joint partnerships- but if AA can't make XXX-JFK or LAX work it's hard for me to see XXX-SEA working).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 8, 2020 at 2:06 pm
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
I believe Singapore also started a one stop flight to HYD from SEA this year. Not sure if it is all still going to plan though.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:02 pm

Seems you can't yet add an Alaska Mileage Plan number to Qatar reservations.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Seems you can't yet add an Alaska Mileage Plan number to Qatar reservations.
From the link in post 2
.....The partnership will kick off on Dec. 15, at which point members of Qatar Airways' Privileges Club and Alaska's Mileage Plan will be able to earn miles on one another's flights
The IT may not have caught up yet or only apply from Dec 15.
AY Finnair & RJ Royal Jordan "manage booking" are the go to sites in OneWorld alliance to change your frequent flyer number for any OW reservation. Does not always work, but often does.
Qantas QF manage booking may also work as AS & QR are both ff partners of QF
As always keep your boarding passes.
haroon145 and flatdawgs like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 8, 2020 at 6:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.