FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:53 pm
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Merlin666
I had a look at the new Flight Reward Chart and the level of devaluation is difficult to assess as the flights are now all distance based one way. I redeemed two mini RTWs in First for 120k and more recent two Business roundtrips to Europe for 90k, and on first glance it looks like these kinds of trips now require substantially more points. Has anyone actually calculated levels of devaluation for some common trip scenarios?
Yes, several of us have. Is there any particular math you're trying to get to, or are you just looking to tell yourself How Bad Things Have Gotten? Honestly, whether the new program represents a huge improvement or a total disaster *really* depends on where you're trying to fly and what status you hold. In my personal view, the new program is much worse for SEs, but massively better for 75Ks, with everyone else falling in between.

YYZ-LHR got a lot worse if you're an SE, while YVR-TYO got a lot better for everyone. YHZ-YYZ-YVR-SYD has gone way up, while TLV-IST has cut almost in half.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about 90K business round-trips to Europe in the context of a devaluation. The previous cost of NA-Europe in J was a fixed 110K round-trip, so are you telling us you've booked cheaper trips since the changeover?