FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - APFA President claims credit for AA drop of Coach beverage service (until 2021)
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:27 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by asnovici
Yesterday AA1114 ORD DFW in First. Paid D fare but thats purely to highlight that we paid the fare and expected service.

Male purser tells every passengers in First who dared to ask for a drink that the policy is no drinks at all on the flight. Many passengers argued with him thats not the policy. he finally tells some its "one time and done" and covertly hands them their one drink. This is all happening on the left hand aisle on this 787 while on the right hand aisle where my spouse is sitting the drinks are free flowing from female FAs. That male purser was extremely rude to every single passenger including a little girl around 8 years old who asked for a coke and was traveling. with a large family. Just shocking behavior.

We wrote separate complaints to AA and urged other passengers around us who were disgusted by this experience to do the same. I doubt they did but the response I got from AA did not address the concern at all and they just threw 5000 miles at me that i dont really care about. The response was about my "disappointment with the new inflight service procedures and lack of drinks in coach" when this whole drama was unfolding in First. Clearly noone actually reads our complaints and that FA will never be reprimanded or retrained. This is all thanks to the FA union and their protections over these insane FAs that shouldnt be in customer service in any business.
Yes, this is a blatant disregard for the actual policy which in this instance should have been (unlimited) drinks on request. Hopefully you got the actual name of the FA and reported that to AA.