FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling UA Thanksgiving Travel?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:24 pm
jspira

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I've planned and not flown multiple trips in the past few weeks and I agree that, while flying is safe, the risk is on the ground. I am missing out on the Ford intro and press drive for the new electric Mustang today. Although Ford was taking excellent Covid-19 precautions, it's still the equivalent of intermingling a dozen households when the CDC says not to intermingle any.

I was also going to go to Vienna (in part, due to the terror attack) but given that the numbers went up during the partial shutdown and Bundeskanzler Kurz announced a full shutdown, I am waiting to see how the numbers look in early December.

Fortunately, New York is one of the safest states to be in based on the positivity rate (I do understand what the implications of the positivity rate are and I further understand why it's used for, but it's as good an indicator as any) and I guess I'm fortunate that I live in a hotel/resort-like setting with great places to walk Snickers the Wonderdog without encountering a soul.