FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pets in Cabin
Thread: Pets in Cabin
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2020, 5:36 pm
Presguy

Originally Posted by Finkface
Same. And please post a photo of the new pooch on https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni...=#post26465471 once you get him home. Or better yet, while en route.
Looks like I'm getting close to the requirment for OMNI (only took 3 years, lol), so I will soon.

He's been perfect so far.. took him one night home to "work out the excitement", and he's settled in 100%.

As an aside, I think the squirrels in my yard are holding emergency meetings. For the last few years they've been raiding the bird feeder with impunity - Keily was interested, but too old to do much about it. Now there's a teenage lab mix guarding things who is not only interested in - but probably capable of - catching a squirrel. My birdseed budget is falling already.

As followup to my original question, a bunch of "stuff" came up in my personal life, which made making the trip by car impractical. After talking to Alaska, as well as the words offered by kileysmom earlier in the thread, he went as cargo. I was really on the fence, and debated delaying the pickup - but he was too close to having to return to the the shelter. The AS staff at SEA was great, and he arrived happy at LAX, brought out to claim less than ten minutes after I made it.