FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]
Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:46 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Let's see how long the refund takes. I just got money land into my bank account on Friday for a refund I submitted via the online form on 6th October. That's not too bad, really.
That is much faster than what has been reported previously. I'd been taking vouchers but at some point decided to switch to asking for a refund instead - I figured that when everyones vouchers expire in a year or so, they are going to be in a tough spot financially. Better to request a refund now. Chances are that I'll spend it on Aegean tickets again anyway, but, it gives a little more flexibility this way. Assuming they will refund, my request of mid-October has not yet been refunded.
Originally Posted by Arrivals
I called recently, because I am affected by cancellations. I asked about the open ticket. The call center agent informed me, after speaking to her supervisor, that I can use the open ticket for a flight in the future, within one year of booking date for any flight (can even change the airport) within the same booking class (in this case business, I don't mean A, Z, D etc.) with no fare difference or other fees. I asked if I could use the flight in the summer and she said yes. That's way better than a voucher. She even offered a refund (or voucher), but since I will fly within the next year.. I just need to keep the booking code and she made a note so in a future call, the next agent can read it and won't ask for any fees/fare difference. Quite generous and a good solution in my eyes. I probably won't wait until summer to make use of it.
That's pretty good. It sounds like they will keep your old PNR available/open. This also means that, probably, you can keep an upgrade voucher that was applied previously attached to the booking which is nice. Now to decide what to do; Ask for a refund/voucher for my November flights and being able to re-book at much lower fares next year, or, keep the higher fare original bookings and keep them as an open ticket..