FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]
Old Nov 14, 2020, 4:18 am
giorginho

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I'm mildly annoyed as they only brought out this new policy 24hrs after they cancelled my domestic flights a few days ago. I requested refunds for all four as I bought them in the half price sale and didn't want to pay 100 Euro extra just to re-book to some random day in the future when I may or may not have travelled. If I'd waited 24hrs before cancelling I could have taken advantage of this and chosen the most expensive days available to protect myself against future fare rises until I settled on a date. Ah well...
Perhaps you can feel somewhat relieved of this nuisance. You mention you'd have secured an expensive fare to protect against future fare raises, aiming to re-book again in the future for free, which in fact would not have been possible, as it will be only the base fare of the original booking that will apply in future re-bookings (unless, of course, new cancellations force the airline to offer this again). I did this a few months ago and got a P ticket re-booked in a Y fare (!), but after checking the status of my booking again at a later point in time, even though re-booking fees were/are indeed waived for future re-bookings, the fare difference (after the window to use that promotion had ended, which should now be the 15/12/2020) wasn't, so even a change in a T fare resulted in a surcharge (of course I ended up flying that Y fare and even got the miles for it, which was my plan all along, but I was curious to see how the system worked). Again, my advice to everyone: Don't book something you're not absolutely sure, at the moment of booking, that you will actually fly, if you are not fully aware of what the conditions for changing or re-funding that ticket will be.