FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:14 am
bluemoon68

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ledcran02
They appear to have lengthened the quarantine time for Category 2?

Visitors from Category 2 countries are required to spend the first (6) six nights in a designated establishment and may not leave the premises and must strictly adhere to all the conditions in place at the establishment. 3. A repeat PCR test will be performed on the 5th day. If the test result is negative, the visitors will be free to continue with their planned holiday and follow terms and conditions outlined as per the Category 1 permitted countries
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ember-2020.pdf

So, if I understand correctly, the test is still performed on the 5th day but it's a 6 night (i.e. effectively 7 day?) minimum at the first designated establishment. We rebooked to end-Feb in the end and were planning on staying at the same place for that length of time so this doesn't really affect us but thought this might impact some peoples' plans.
This also impacts anyone planning a short break. If you can't leave your hotel until after 6 nights, arriving on the BA Saturday night flight your first night in your hotel would be Sunday night. This would mean that you wouldn't be allowed to leave your hotel until Friday morning, assuming your covid test results from Thursday arrived back promptly. The Friday morning flight back may well be too early a departure for you to rely on your results being back in time. (I'm also assuming here that BA continues to move the Thursday morning departure to Friday morning as they did before lockdown.