Old Nov 8, 20, 9:15 am
  #4621  
plunet
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LON
Programs: BAEC, Accor
Posts: 1,983
Originally Posted by Pat Finnerty View Post
hi all,
I booked business class tickets from Dublin to Bangkok via Doha in April 20 to fly in Feb 6/21 to March 1/21.
At the moment there is lockdown in Ireland and no entry into Thailand unless stv, and i do not really fancy being locked up in quarantine for upto 2 weeks.
Can someone please explain my options?
Your options are to review the current Qatar book with confidence policy. Assuming your flights are still scheduled and there has not yet been a time reschedule of more than 2 hours your main option would be to convert the value of your ticket to a future travel voucher which will be topped up by 10% excluding taxes and surcharges.

Assuming none of the above applies then your best advice is to sit it out. Qatar are likely to maintain the intent of their current book with confidence policy although they may change it at any time. Under the current policy you need a significant schedule change (more than 2 hours), a cancellation, or be not permitted to travel due to immigration rules at either end to be able to cancel for a refund, but Qatar will wait until the last minute to assess the latter point. If you are angling for a refund, there is plenty of scope for the first two options to happen any time over the next 3 months.

​​​​​​If you are happy with a future travel voucher, just log onto Manage my Booking and request it now. If you want cash, you need to wait.
plunet is online now