FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel with Peace of Mind
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:00 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Hello,
And sorry as I'm sure the answer exists somewhere on the forum but I can't find it.
Reading Marriott "Travel with Peace of Mind" T&Cs it sounds like non refundable rate remain non refundable (cf quote below)?
So what's the point of it?
Thanks!
  • For guests with reservations made on or after July 6, 2020, for arrival dates through December 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. Reservations with pre-paid rates and other limited exclusions* will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
I think part of the point is that normal non prepaid "refundable" rates used to have 48 or 72 hour cancellation policies, sometimes much more for resorts; 24 hours was becoming increasingly rare. For these rates, a uniform 24 hour policy is a big improvement.

Nonrefundable/prepaid rates are lower because they're less flexible. If you want a flexible policy, don't pick a prepaid/nonrefundable rate, before, during, or (hopefully) after COVID-19.