FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: PL/UCs Suspended Ops; 40 UCs are now opened; All PLs open.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:06 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Maybe in normal times. For me Polaris is all about the lie-flat seat and gel pillow, but then again I realize that not everyone is following the CIA diet in syncing food & bev intake to destination. Then again, I was never fond of the Polaris dining menu (buffet excepted), so I'm not missing much.
I guess for some, only the seat matters - but depending on your destination there are better seats and pillows - and much better inflight service. For me, as a consumer, I am looking at the total package - lounge/seat/onboard meals/onboard amenities/onboard service.

While there are (were) business travelers who are not paying for the ticket and just want a seat/bed to sleep and to be left alone, a significant constituency of customers are analyzing the full value of the product and deciding if $6,500 for a dumbed-down experience on United Polaris is really competitive against $6,500 for a full service experience on NH, BR or LX. Unless you need United BIS, I just don't see the value proposition offered by United right now.

If I told a client to go buy a sandwich in the airport terminal before their flight as others have suggested, they would be an ex-client pretty quickly.