FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia ticket, BA metal unable to change assigned seat
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:46 am
Bar Operator

Programs: BA Exec
Iberia ticket, BA metal unable to change assigned seat

Apologies if this has already been asked but I have checked the dashboard without much success.

I have a LHR-MAD-LHR flight ticketed with Iberia . The outbound flight is operated by Iberia and it was very easy to select a seat on the Iberia website for this sector. However, the website won’t allow me to select a seat for the inbound, BA-operated flight. These flights also appear under MMB on the BA website and app (I’m EC Silver) . However, MMB won’t allow me to select a seat on the BA-operated flight and I get a message saying “unable please try again later or alternatively check in early...”

I’ve called BA and they have tried unsuccessfully to change my seat (aisle, assigned automatically) and suggested I call Iberia as the flight was “marketed by Iberia”. Iberia have tried but say they are “locked out” of the seat map for the inbound flight.

I suppose I should give up and not worry about it given current events in the wider world, but just wondered whether anyone might have another option ?