FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $150 charge for "DIRT in the Paint of the car"
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:24 pm
gq_dq

It was DEN but can happen anywhere... hopefully it was just a one-off and not a chronic issue at certain locations. However, I do lament the fact that those "walkarounds" of yore with the attendant marking damage and giving you a carbon copy of the inspection are long gone... especially now because of COVID. Like I mentioned, I did notice staining and blemishes all around the car at pickup and specifically made the exit gate attendant make a note of those. Only problem is that since everything's electronic, I don't know what was marked or not... and that's where that inspection hard copy would have left nothing to speculation. It's hard to challenge something without visual proof... so the next best thing to do is to take all kinds of photos and then call customer service as soon as you drive off the lot so that they can notate the record. That's what the rep who reversed the charge advised me. Anyways, apart from that little kerfuffle, everything else was perfectly professional, the vehicle was fine, as was the service both at pickup and return so no complaints.