FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:39 pm
general45
Original Member

HGI Freeport Maine

This hotel offered a limited variety of breakfast. You could do take out or eat in the restaurant. My wife and I chose the restaurant. Covid restrictions were observed (masks by servers and diners until seated, spacing). We chose from a menu presented to us by the server. Unlike typical buffets, you were limited to one large item like pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs or an omelet. The omelet was made one way only, no deviations but I liked what they offered so no problems there. I chose a fruit plate of fresh fruit but if you wanted only a couple of styles of fruit you were out of luck. It was prepared one way. My wife had scrambled eggs. You could order bacon, sausage, toast or home fries with your order, no matter what you ordered off the menu. Yogurts, pastries, coffee , tea and a variety of juices were also available. Overall, it was a very good breakfast and I appreciated the friendly staff and the hotels efforts to go over and above. Another note: my breakfast was as a Diamond benefit so there were no restrictions to what I could order. For those just dining and no status, most items on the menu were between $9.95 and $11.95. Juices, coffee and other items that might be on a buffet menu were at a additional cost. This could add significantly to the overall bill for those not having Gold or Diamond status.