FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Plus upgrade voucher
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:31 am
SFOTraveler1984

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fvn1312
This year I wanted to use my vouchers for my trip to Bangkok, the flights were canceled due to corona.

I don’t want to take the risk of an open ticket, nobody knows if when I rebook the ticket what will be the result. J class or economy? So I choose a full refund. Vouchers was two days later back in my account.

Since my voucher expire end of the year, elite line tells me the vouchers will not be extended, I book a flight from Frankfurt to Istanbul via website and call the elite line to upgrade my flights with my vouchers. J class was available and my flights are upgraded to J now.

So in my case upgrade was possible as it was before COVID.

I know it is a very bad ratio for the vouchers but better than nothing.

It is really unfortunate that the vouchers are not extended as well!

ISTFlyer Maybe you have other news about the ELPL vouchers?
i did exactly the same thing (chose a different new destination though) - same process as before.
I am still a bit suspicious how TK will deal with the inevitable schedule change or flight cancellation
until my new departure date - if this requires visits to sales offices, calls to hotlines, I will probably ditch ELPL as the effort to use the vouchers (and keep them on the booking after a schedule change or cancellation!) isn't really worth it.

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Oct 26, 2020 at 12:49 am