FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New iPhone is here!
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:29 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So the iPhone 12 does not have headphone jacks. I do have airpods but often need to switch to wired headphones bc I’ve failed to charge them. In some cases prefer using over ear wired headphones (like on long flights). Does anyone else have a concern about no earphone plug?
I have AirPods Pro and managed to take one intercontinental trip (to New Zealand) in December. But I knew going in that it obviously wouldn't make that whole trip on one charge so I had two other pairs of bluetooth headphones, one an Anker and another Chinese no-name brand.

Only AirPods Pro had ANC. But the other ones gave a good seal, out of the box so I tend to use headphones as earplugs even when I'm not playing anything on them. So I mostly go for in-ear headphones.

Basically I used the AirPods Pro and then switched to one of the other ones while I recharged the APP. Then swapped it back again while charging the other ones.

As I wrote another thread, Qualcomm is about to push through adaptive ANC, similar to what APP does, with constant sampling and adjustments. They will probably be used on name brand earbuds, like maybe Jabra and other similar brands which will price their brands on par or even higher than the APP.

But I've found that good in-ear BT buds, which go for $30 and up, will reduce sound enough on flights.