FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using a half face respirator on UA flight?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:52 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by kerm65
Are half face respirators allowed on UA? Have you seen anyone wearing them when traveling?

There are posts on the disposable model. I have called United but can’t get information if these are on the approved list. The mask is like the one you might use when painting with the cartridge/filters on the side of the headgear. They are comfortable for several hours.

Thanks
You might want to go to the United Airlines forum. But, for delta airlines they don't allow anything with a vent and make passengers either cover the valve with a mask or remove their valved mask and replace it.

I was wearing respirators with exhaust valves, the ones with cartridges P100s, and the regular valved ones like the N100s and N95. I currently only wear N95s with valves and cover them with two nurses masks and wear goggles on flights. Initially, I was extremely terrified of catching the virus on planes, but now with all the research that has been done, it seems that your chances are very low especially with a N95, goggles and two additional mask on top of the respirator. So, for now thats what I wear, as the virus has been found not to be as contagious as initially suspected. Its not as contagious as the measles for instance and wearing protection can almost guarantee the lack of contraction if the air is being circulated and replace every so many minutes. But, I still travel with my full size respirators for just in case I'm stuck on a runway where they have no choice but to turn off the hvac.