FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:29 pm
Jaenks

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
I think some who wave the F/HON flag are a bit angry just now because the pandemic has provided a moment of truth. In stark contrast to BA, which has kept much more of its premium offering available since March, LH has cut its premium product- particularly on the ground- hugely. The fact that LH has cut premium service to save money, rather than maintain premium service to ensure premium pax loyalty, reminds us that F and HON are less important to LH than F/HON flag wavers thought. Look at LH's model over the past few years- huge expansion, low advance fares and big multiple frequencies, huge build up of MUC hub... In other words, volume, volume, volume. Now that volume has collapsed, they're in a far worse state than IAG or AFKL. And some F/HON flag wavers are now feeling a bit sour because their wishes are no longer being prioritised (witness the almost absurdly endless debate on a certain German forum about bus boarding in FRA...!!!), and because they now see they are less essential to LH's business plan than they imagined.
BA kept their most premium offering available? Seriously? Their F is a premium product? Or F food in boxes which they still keep serving? Only things that are premium in BA is F Wing access and CCR lounge, that is it. LH cut only the hubs car transfers and lounge F&B selection. I would rather spend(and I do) 11+ hours in LH F cabin without car transfer and proper lounge food in FRA/MUC/ZRH than same hours on BA F cabin with limited amount of food served in the box. But I understand those who eat before the night flight in CCR and then just sleep at the plane, helps escape from reality . LH F price are much more competitive than BA F to those places that I need to go.