FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:26 am
dlaue

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Just a heads up I saw on the Website Zen Kitchen is only operating on weekends and otherwise its take out Monday to Friday from the Zen Cafe attached to the restaurant.
Assume business occupancy is super slow right now hence the reason for the limited menu weekdays
I believe the options though seem sufficient under the circumstances though certainly not ideal.
Because of the reduced revenue and award redemption costs I think its likely justified

The other Hilton properties leave much to be desired IMO and Elara is an excellent property for those that have no status.
They treat HH elite like cattle with O benefits.I will never return.Years ago they upgraded Diamonds brilliantly but now they take them for granted using its a time share as an excuse
I'm pro Waldorf and I hear some of the great team members are back at Zen
I agree with your observations about the Elara. It is a great facility which was built to be a premium condominium development, but was converted to timeshares in the wake of an economic downturn.
12-15 years ago, the Elara was reasonably priced (we actually stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for $249 a WEEK) and diamonds were always upgraded.
We stayed there several times with upgrades automatically given.
Beginning about 8 years ago (??) the Elara became expensive, then super expensive, and upgrades ended. I even asked to talk to the manager upon check-in the last time we stayed there. He was firm. No diamond upgrades. Period.
No upgrades is par for the course when staying at a Hilton Grand Vacations Club property, in my experience.
Even now during the viral pall, the rates at the Elara are outrageous.